Statement on Covid-19
UPDATE: March 14, 2020
With the decision by the City of Edmonton to close down their Recreation Centres and attractions in response to the rapidly changing COVID-19 situation, Rabbit Hill Snow Resort will follow their lead and close for the season starting Monday, March 16. We feel this is the responsible decision for both our guests and our staff. We will be open 9am to 5pm tomorrow (Sunday, March 15) for the final day of the season. We thank you for your support this season and we look forward to a wonderful 2020/2021 season.
To our valued guests,
With the growing concern and intense media coverage, COVID-19 is a popular topic of conversation in our day to day lives. This constantly evolving topic is something that Rabbit Hill Snow Resort has been paying close attention to. Our discussions and actions have been focused on protecting the health and wellness of our valuable guests and staff members.
We have been proud to provide a safe and clean facility to our guests and staff for many years. With the introduction of the raised concern for COVID-19 we continue to stay current on the best practices to prevent its spread. The risk factors in Alberta remain low, however we felt that it was important to add to our current cleaning best practices. Some of the additional steps we have taken include:
- Increased access to hand sanitizer stations
- Increased sanitization of high-touch points in the main Lodge and Rental Shop (Including door handles, railings, bathrooms and tables and more)
- Staying current and following the lead on any recommendations from the Government of Alberta. You can find more information on their recommendations here.
- We have reduced seating capacity in our lodge (Capacity was already under 250 - we have removed a few tables to be well below the recommendation while still providing adequate space for our guests)
- Continuing to have open lines of communication with both staff and guests on introducing these important health and safety measures.
There are steps you can take to help prevent the spread of this virus. If you are feeling unwell please refrain from visiting Rabbit Hill and other busy public facilities. Working together as a community we can do our best to help keep everyone safe and healthy. While visiting us or other public facilities, please ensure you are washing your hands and being mindful of the personal space of your fellow visitors.
We will continue to monitor the situation closely and make any necessary updates to our policies and procedures. We are encouraging all of our staff and guests to stay current on any updates from the Government of Alberta and Canada’s Public Health website. We will update this page with any additional steps we are taking.
As we pay attention to the evolving situation - any changes to our hours of operation will be posted on our website and social media as we update them.
The end of the ski season is almost here, and we look forward to welcoming you for a fun day on the hill before our scheduled closing day of March 25, 2020.
Rabbit Hill Snow Resort Management
Updated March 13, 2020